Herbal Tea Definition
- Also known as “kid’s tea,” “tisanes,” or “caffeine-free tea.”
- It does not actually contain any tea leaves, therefore is caffeine-free and kid-friendly
- Herbal tea is a combination of herbs, spices, flowers, or fruits – really anything that is an edible, non-tea plant you can put in herbal tea.
- Either does not contain caffeine or trace amounts, depending on what is in the tea blend.
Possible Health Benefits of Herbal Tea
- Depends on what is in the herbal blend
- Some specific benefits from what we offer in our blends:
- Cinnamon – may help protect against Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cancer, and HIV; it has antimicrobial properties that may help treat some fungal infections and may reduce blood sugar levels.
- Cloves – may help decrease oral inflammation and bacteria, reduce blood sugar levels, and could benefit future cancer treatment.
- Allspice – may help with diabetes, heavy menstrual periods, and digestive issues.
- Lavender – may help with anxiety, stress, depression, dementia, and depression.
- Lemongrass – may help with anxiety, bloating, lowering cholesterol, and reducing fungal infections.
- Specific blends and health benefits of our herbal teas are found below.
Correct Brewing Temperature and Why it is Important
- 208 – 212°F, steep for 4-6 minutes
- No thermometer? No problem! Wait until the water is BOILING and the tea kettle whistles at you.
- Can tolerate boiling water. If water is not hot enough, the full flavor of the herbs won’t be extracted.
Flavor Profile of Herbal Tea
- It all depends on what ingredients are blended
- Our specific herbal flavor profiles:
- Taste of the Season
- It contains cinnamon, Allspice, and cloves
- Warm and sweet flavor. Only available from September – December
- Check here to see if it is in stock!
- It contains lemongrass and lavender
- Sweet, floral, and citrusy with a lemony flavor
- Most known to help with relaxation
- Other health benefits of this herbal tea include lowering anxiety, detoxifying the body, reducing inflammation, relieving bloating, and improving sleep quality. Click here for some Tranquili-TEA.
- Sweet Dreams
- It contains chamomile, lemongrass, and peppermint.
- Floral, lemony, and minty tea. Perfect for nighttime.
- The main benefit is from the chamomile, which acts as a natural tranquilizer, promoting restful sleep.
- Other health benefits of this herbal tea include relaxation, reduced headaches and migraines, reduced anxiety, and helps unclog sinuses. Click here to experience Sweet Dreams.
- Hail to the TEA
- It contains two different kinds of flowers: Butterfly pea flower and marigold.
- Inspired by the Big House, this blue and maize tea is a light, herbal tea with a floral and sweet flavor. You do not have to be a Wolverine fan to enjoy this cup of tea! Try it!
- Health Benefits of this herbal tea include anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties, improving hair growth and brain functions, relieving cramps, and aiding digestion.
For a more in-depth exploration of the health benefits of herbs and flowers in tea, click the specific ingredient below:
Butterfly Pea Flower
Want a crash course in black tea? Click here.